Monday, May 18, 2009

One down and one to go!

James came home Saturday afteronoon. He is quite the little noise box; even while sleeping constant noise. We are doing pretty well. As usual we have help from my folks (Mom and Dad brought over brisquit - a favorite) and Cory's Aunt Marcia is in town providing all sorts of help. I can't imagine two babies being here. It will be crazy! I know the Lord will equip me to provide and I will have help from our parents.

Hannah is doing pretty well. She kissed "little man" today. She generally giggles and snuggles up by the two of us when I am holding James. There is a little jealousy, but I think it is all par for the course.

Please pray for Aaron. He had a large residual (left over food in the stomach from prior feeding) this morning, so they stopped feeding him breastmilk. We are praying his afternoon x-ray shows no gas pockets (evidence of NEC). He has not gained any weight in the past 3 weeks. Please pray his tummy will heal and that the NEC does not return. [5-21: Aaron's xray came back normal and he was able to feed again. However, he had another large residual last night. He is being watched closely, so I am confident that they are on top of anything that may appear.]

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I will keep you posted. I have to go eat and pump while I can!

Love,
Laura

2 comments:

  1. It is such great news that James came home and is doing well! We will continue to pray for Aaron. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting to bring James home. We hope and pray that it won't be long before Aaron is with his brother at home.

    Love, Shannon :)

    ReplyDelete