Tuesday, August 4, 2009

:P No surgery, but MRI

The surgery was cancelled. I am not sure exactly why, but most likely someone was in need of surgery for more than hernia repair. We have been the "emergency" surgery (my c-section) before and it was life saving for Aaron, so hopefully whoever got our slot did well. I am not sure when the surgery will be now. I mentioned to one of the residents, how about wrapping up some of his loose ends, discharging him, and doing the surgery outpatient. Please pray for wisdom on everyone's behalf. I am eager to have him here, but if he doesn't come right off the ventilator after surgery and it was outpatient we would then be in the PICU (where no one knows his history). We did have great snuggle time. I held both of the boys at once. James was a little uncomfortable. Aaron settled right in and was enjoying the snuggle.

Versed, a sedative, was administered to Aaron prior to the cancellation. Additionally, he had a IV and has been NPO (no food). So to take advantage of the circumstances, he is scheduled for an MRI late this evening. This is nice for me because it gives me no time to think about it. I would not anticipate results until tomorrow afternoon, but I will keep you posted!

I want to thank you all for our prayers. I also wanted to announce that we have a new addition to our family. Cory's brother, Jamie, and his beautiful wife Heidi (one of my best friends) had a beautiful baby girl last Wednesday! Claire Analiese welcome to the family! It is fun to see the family grow. Christmas will be awesome; everyone will have a baby to hold! Thanks for stopping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment