I write this post sick again! :( I have a cough today and feel pretty bad, so I am playing it safe and not going in. The boys are doing pretty well. Aaron is still on TPN, but gaining weight. Today he weighed 2 lb 12 oz. I got to hold him on Sunday. It absolutely sent me over the moon. He enjoyed our cuddle time and had high oxygen saturation without upping his requirements. He still likes my singing! The past few days that I have gone in, he has seemed very comfy. His ventilator requirements are decreasing. I imagine he will not be fed breast milk for another 3 weeks. He is past the critical part of the NEC infection for now. There will be concern for the NEC coming back once he resumes feeds. He probably have eye surgery in the next few days. The opthamologist has said that the blood vessels in his eyes are not developing properly (common in preemies). If Aaron does not have eye surgery, he has a 70% chance of being completely blind in both eyes. The laser surgery salvages the central vision in the eye most of the time. He will most likely have limited peripheral vision, but that varies patient to patient. Please pray he continues to go down on the vent settings, not show signs of NEC, and that he will not be completely blind.
Sunday evening James was moved to the Level II NICU. He is having some problems pooping on his own. Please pray that his bowels move more than they have been and that he poops without a suppository. Last I heard James was 4lb. 10oz. I have not been able to speak with his nurse today. He has progressed to 4 bottle feedings a day. He is not taking all of his bottle feedings. Hopefully this is due to his system being FULL the last few days. He was very uncomfortable yesterday and did not want to take his bottles. I did get to give my first bottle to him on Sunday. Tomorrow we may try to see if he can breastfeed. Please pray that his feeds go well and that he breastfeeds well.
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. It has been wonderful to hold my babies and I pray they can come home soon. We have been doing well. My parents took Hannah Saturday and we had a wonderful date night, followed by hang out time with Cindy and Christian (good friends). Have a good week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Thanks again for the update! Wow - they are really strong boys. I'm so thankful to hear for the progress they both are making. I'm so glad you got to hold Aaron! That is exciting and I'm sure it was very good for him to have that contact. It's wonderful you had a date. I'm sure it was much needed.
ReplyDeleteYou finally got to hold Aaron! I'm so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteThey are both so beautiful! I hope and pray things keep getting better and better!
Take care, Deb