Thursday, March 5, 2009

Good News

Today I am 26 weeks and 5 days.

Yesterday was a 6 hour day in the hospital, but it was all worth it. My morning appointment was a growth scan. Aaron had gained 3 ounces in the last two weeks (which is the most ever). He is now 15 oz. James weighed in at 2 lbs. 3 oz. The amniotic fluids were great; just where they should be. Aaron was moving around quite a bit, as was James. Aaron's cord flow was abnormal, but a ton better than last week. His pericardio effusion (water on heart) was almost entirely gone. Our doctor stresses that he still thinks it will come back. Hopefully it doesn't, but we will take the good while we have got it.

Late in the afternoon I had a non-stress test to look at their heart rates over a longer period of time. Both were normal for their gestational age.

I am currently using a glucometer to see if I have gestational diabetes. Twins, family history, and hypothyroidism make me likely to have it. I think my readings are normal to borderline which is good. I go in again on Friday for a shorter u/s appt. Hopefully we are holding steady and can make it a few more weeks.

We are very excited to that Aaron is almost 1 pound. God knows when to renew your hope with encouraging news. I am just taking it easy being the queen of the couch. Hopefully my "reign" will continue a little longer. :) Have a good day.

2 comments:

  1. This is such great news! I'm so excited to hear they boys can still stay in your belly. I'm so glad that you got some encouraging news, too. Hope the couch is still comfy! We are still praying and thanks so much for the updates. I'm thinking about you and the boys often.

    ReplyDelete