Saturday, July 11, 2009

He is Flying

Aaron arrived here onThursday. Cory and I got here Thursday evening. We were surprised to come up here and see our little boy off all oxygen! He is "flying" high and saturated in the 90's. Please pray he continues to grow and thrive without O2.

The Retina Specialist came by yesterday. He feels that Aaron should be watched for a week to see how his eyes progress. He is not currently a candidate for surgery because his eyes are not that bad. The physician was grateful to see him early in the detachment process because a lot can still be done if his eyes get worse. He said his laser surgeries were exceptional! If his eyes do not get worse he feels Aaron will have great vision (20/40 corrected)!! Please pray that the ROP disease does not progress.

We are staying in the hospital (Ronald McDonald House) tonight and plan on heading back tomorrow and coming back in a few days! Thank you for your prayers. There are several mothers here that I have talked to that I have been about to restore their hope. Please pray for a 16 year old girl who has a 27 week old baby boy right beside Aaron. My heart hurts so deeply for her. I have been able to talk to her and hope to see her more before we leave! Much Love, Laura

1 comment:

  1. Its so wonderful to see Aaron's face free from tubes and the like. He is so beautiful! And, it looks as though he has just about found the thumb!
    I can't wait to meet them all!
    Take care,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete