Thursday, July 16, 2009

Still in Houston

Aaron will not be coming back tomorrow. Thankfully his eyes have not progressed, but they have not gotten better. He will be looked at on Monday or Tuesday and a decision may be made whether or not to send him back or to keep him longer. I am a little concerned that they are looking for him to get better before he can come back. Sounds funny I know. James has been having weekly eye exams as well, and his eyes are not maturing or "getting better". I feel like if James' eyes aren't maturing, then will Aaron's? This may be a two month haul, if that is what we are waiting to see. This disease almost always resolves by 52-53 weeks gestational age (the guys are 46 weeks, almost 47 weeks). Nothing is beyond the power of the Lord. I am just sad to leave my other two darlings tomorrow. I must remember that we have had so many victories and I am thankful for them all.

Thankfully my parents are here and Cory's mother is here to help. We are so excited to announce that Cory's parents signed a lease to move here August 5! It will be nice to have their help and fellowship. I can not emphasize enough that we could not do this without local support from our parents. I am amazed by God's plan to have us at this assignment and with this pregnancy. I don't think it is coincidence. My mom and I are going to Houston tomorrow. Later in the week I will be headed back (if necessary). We have a lot of support and for that we are grateful. Again, thank you for the prayers. We are doing quite well. Hopefully I can meet some more ladies in the NICU (over 160 NICU Level III beds) and give them some hope. Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Laura. I have been following your blog since day 1...and praying ever since! Please tell Mart that I miss her. But I'm so glad she can be with you and Cory - what a huge help! Does Mart have an e-mail address where I can contact her? I want to talk to her about that lease she just signed :) Your children are so precious. I cry every time I'm on your blog!!! God has great plans for those two incredible boys! Denise VanDerKolk

    ReplyDelete